Your Highly-Nutritious Wednesday Diet Recipe – Sprouts Pulao | Eat Clean, Eat Sprouts
Luncheon is our second largest meal of the day. Even if lunch is to be carried to work, you need to make it count and make sure that you do not miss out on the right nutrients. Figuring out the best, highly-nutritious diet recipe options that could nourish you with all the right nutrients on the go can drive you crazy, sometimes.
To rescue you from those nutritious diet recipe ideas’ brain-stormings, this week we have got you to suggest Sprouts Pulao – an easy to prepare and highly-nutritious diet recipe plan by Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist, Kanak Gupta.
Sprouts pulao has to be one healthy lunch meal for work; not only because it is easy to prepare and pack, but also extremely healthy. Sprouts in the pulao makes it protein rich, highly-nutritious and, provides you sufficient fiber to keep you going for the rest of the day.
This highly-nutritious diet recipe takes you a very little preparation time and, therefore, it is ideal for you if you got to hustle for work with little time in hand to cook lunch.
- Boiled mixed sprouts – 1 cup
- Cooked brown rice – 2 1/2 cups
- Chopped capsicum – 1/2 cup
- Chopped tomatoes – 1/2 cup
- Chopped spring onions – 1/2 cup
- Cloves – 2
- Ginger – 1 inched piece, fine chopped
- Finely chopped fresh coriander – 1/4 cup
- Coriander powder- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- In a broad non-stick pan, heat some oil.
- Add a pinch of asafoetida and cloves. Sauté for a few seconds.
- Add ginger, capsicum, green chilies and spring onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and all the other dry spices. Cook on low flame for about 3 minutes.
- Add to it the sprouts, cooked rice and salt. Toss for about 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve it hot together with yoghurt.
That’s it! High-fives to the highly-nutritious Wednesdays’.