It’s a hot, muggy, sunny day out. Wanna know how would any makeup artist doll herself up? Well, here we are. In collaboration with the Makeup Artist Gunjan Bajaj, Hale and Belle presents you your ultimate guide to the Soft Summer Makeup Look | The Forbidden Love.
And, it certainly has not to be a mere step by step affair. We’ve also mentioned all the amazing products too to achieve the look. Woo-hoo! Here it goes –
In this Article
1. Do the Base:
The artist, Gunjan Bajaj, uses MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF – 15 in NC30 to achieve the flawless and super-smooth base.
This foundation product by MAC is a contemporary product that coralls a natural matte finish and a medium-buildable coverage. Plus, it’s packed with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15. This foundation by MAC cosmetics is light, comfortable and long-wearable that can lasts for upto eight hours. It glides on the skin quickly and easily for a smooth and flawless coverage. With the specially treated micronized pigments and soft-focus powders in its content, the product minimizes the appearance of imperfections for a super-smooth skin. The product, furthermore, helps absorb and disperse the oil. Also, it does contain special skin nourishing ingredients.
2. Accentuate those Eyes:
- Begin the eye makeup by using shade 1 of the Carli Bybel’s Palette(refer picture above for the shades).
- Cover the entire eye area with this shade. Work out the shade number 2 at the crease area to define the eyes.
- Now, draw out the Outer V using the ‘Universal‘ shade of Morphe’s 35O2 palette. Blend gently and keep on building the color slowly and gradually.
- Now, move on to the shade number 13 for the upper and the lower lash line. Blend it nicely using a dense brush to create a soft smokey look.
3. Brighten up for an Impact:
Highlight the inner corner of your eyes with the NYX Glitter product. But wait! Before you highlight the inner corners of the eyes, you’re recommended to apply the NYX Glitter Primer. The product helps minimize the fallout while prolonging the staying power of every sparkle.
4. Chisel it Off, Silently!
After you form a base with the foundation, follow up to bronzing with the steps below:
- Using a darker shade, chisel the hollows of your cheek, the forehead along your hairline, the bridge of your nose, and the underneath the jaw line.
- Blend it well using a powder brush or the kabuki brush. Make sure you blend it so nice that there leaves no harsh line behind.
Recommended Reads: How to Contour and Highlight as per your Face Shape.
5. Keep the Glow On:
Head over to highlighting the under eye areas stretching till the top of the cheekbones in an inverted pyramid shape, on the cupids bow and at the center of your forehead to create a highlighted plane. Make a note – blending is the key! Blend, blend, and blend it so well until there’s no harsh line.
Here, MUA Gunjan Bajaj uses both the shades of highlighter (marked here as number 16 and 17). She goes with the ‘Rosegold shade‘ all over the high planes of the face i.e. the cheekbones, the cupid’s bow, the brow bone, the nose bridge and the chin. To this she, then, tops up with the ‘Gold‘ shade of the highlighter at the highest points of the cheekbones, the brow bone, the center of the cupid’s bow, and the tip of the nose.
Carli Bybel is a beauty expert and a YouTube sensation to design this versatile and super amazing palette in collaboration with the BH Cosmetics. This palette comes in 14 hues of eyeshadows and the highlighter amp up all the drama and the excitement to your look. A chic refined taste together with the modern elegance gets you a caboodle of earthy neutrals and the plummy shades plus four highlighters in a shade that would complement every skin tone. With a mix-match of the mattes and the shimmers, the product makes it easy for all the chics from dialed up evening intensity to the toned-down daytime alternatives.
6. Go Wimpy to Whoa:
Mascara is the key to turn down your wimpy appearance to a whoa, anywhere and anytime. Apply the mascara at the top and the bottom lash lines. Maybelline Falsies Volum Express is the product used here.
7. Define the Brows:
Eyebrows grooming is often looked down upon. However, it is as crucial as any other step in the makeup. Here, our artist, Gunjan Bajaj uses L’Oreal Paris Brow Artist Eyebrow Kit to prep and shape the eyebrows of the model
8. Let your Lips Do the Talking:
Lipstick is like an icing to the cake. Complete this soft and glam summer makeup look – ‘forbidden love‘ with a mix of these two nude shades – Mehr by MAC and Bumble by Colourpop.
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF – 15 in NC30
- Carli Bybel Eye Shadow Palette
- Morphe 35O2 Palette
- NYX Glitter
- NYX Glitter Primer
- Makeup Revolution London Ultra Brightening Contour Kit
- Maybelline Falsies Volum Express Mascara
- L’Oreal Paris Brow Artist Eyebrow Kit
- MAC Lipstick in Mehr
- Colourpop Lipstick in Bumble
This is it. Do try the look and write to us your review. If you found the article useful, do not forget to like, share and leave a comment below.
Got any query? Feel free to drop us your question and we’ll get back to you with an answer, soon!