Walnut Fudge Brownie – the name is enough for many to drool over. It is one of the many whole-heartedly loved desserts that tastes heavenly! Read more to know the tips and the tricks, and learn Howto make walnut fudge brownie – that comes perfect in a single try.
Unlike the cakes, brownies are prepared by the two-way method of baking. The two-way method suggests to mix together the dry and the wet ingredients SEPARATELY.
Why Bake a Brownie With Two-Way Method?
The two-way method cuts back the powerful effects of baking soda and baking powder. And thus, this helps bake you a dense brownie, and not light and spongy like cakes.
Why Not Rather Cut Down On The Baking Soda and Baking Powders’ Quantity Than Going for a Two-Way Method?
We cannot bake the right, authentic brownie without adopting the two-way method. We just cannot! Even if we cut down on the soda’s and the baking powder’s quantity and proceed baking the brownie with all-in-one method, it will give you a brownie that’s doughy and chewy!
Now, before you begin with the making of a heavenly delight – walnut fudge brown, you need to assemble the ingredients listed below. And yes! Make sure you do read the recipe notes and tips provided at the end of the article.
1 cup refined flour
1 1/2 cup Icing sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/4 cup choco-chips
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp sweet soda
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup refined oil
1. Pre-heat oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients till well combined. Keep aside.
3. In another bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients.
4. Now, pour the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients. Whisk together so the ingredients mix well.
5. Take an oven proof dish. Grease its surface area with oil. Line it with the parchment paper or the butter paper. Pour the batter into it.
6. Sprinkle over it a thin layer of choco-chips and finely chopped walnuts.
7. Bake at 180 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
8. Insert a toothpick or a knife in the center of the brownie to check if it’s done.
1. When greasing the baking dish, you need to grease its surface only and not the edges.
2. When checking if the brownie has baked properly, you ought to insert toothpick at the center and not the corners. This is basically because it is generally the center part that remains gooey when under-baked and, it’s the edges that go extra crisp when over-baked.
3. Don’t go overboard with the add-ins; and if you do, all your choco-chips and walnuts will settle down at the base. You’ll lose on those little crunchy bits coming in between the bites.
4. If you want to use eggs in your brownie, replace 1 cup of milk used in the recipe with 3 eggs.
5. Best baking can be achieved in the convection mode.
6. Vanilla extract, vanilla essence, and vanila emulsion – they’re all three different things. Vanilla extract is a concentrated, 100% natural, and a pure form. While, vanilla essence is totally synthetic and artificial. Vanilla emulsions, on the other hand, are combination of two or more flavors and so it is prominently used by culinary experts and professionals. Because emulsions and extracts are concentrated, we use them half the amount of the essence. Here, we’ve used 1 tsp of vanilla essence; if you’re using the vanilla extract or emulsion, make sure you cut the measurement down to half tsp only.
7. Check your brownie after 20 minutes. If your toothpick comes out untidy with a little sticky batter on it, its’ not baked yet. Go ahead with 5-10 minutes more. If the toothpick comes out with the cake crumbs, it’s done PERFECT. And if, it comes out as clean as a whistle, you’ve over-baked it.
8. The recommended size of the baking dish here is 8×8 straight sided square pan. However, you can go with the one you have. If you’ve a THIN baking dish, check your brownie after 20 minutes. If you have a heavy bottomed cake dish, bake your brownie for 30 to 35 minutes.
9. Don’t dig in too soon. Yeah ok! Brownies are simply irresistible, but yes, they do continue to set as well develop flavors as they cool down. However, if your appetite is not patient enough, you can go for it.
The walnut fudge brownie – Yum!
Happy Baking! 🙂