Prepare your very own homemade tomato soup with this nutritious tomato soup recipe from Kanak Gupta, a registered Dietitian and Nutritionist based at the Kanpur city. Tomato soup is a classic preparation that is so much nourishing, healthy and delicious when freshly made at home.
To prepare this tasty as well as nourishing version of the tomato soup, get the most ripe and juicy tomatoes. Relish the tangy tomato that’s perfectly balanced with the sweetness of carrot for an appetizing and creamy mouth-feel of the soup.
Cooking Level: Easy
Serves: 2 People for Lunch or 4 People for Starters
- 2 large Tomatoes
- 2 Carrots
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Onion
- A Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Basil Leaves – 5 to 6
- 1 Tsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Milk
1. Take a pan. Add butter, chopped onion and carrots. Sauté on medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until translucent, soft and tender.
2. Add 2 cloves of chopped garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Transfer the cooked vegetables to a pressure cooker. Add tomatoes and the remaining two garlic cloves together with 2 cups of water. Pressure cook until 2 whistles.
4. Cool slightly and blend the mixture until smooth and consistent.
5. Add basil, salt and pepper. Stir well.
6. Add 1/2 cup of water and bring the soup to a boil, again. Put the heat to simmer and cook the soup uncovered for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
7. Remove from heat and stir in milk.
Serve hot with bread croutons.
Nutrition Facts: : Nutritional value per serving for Four:
- kcal 123
- Total fat 7g
- Saturated 1g
- Carbohydrates 13g
- Sugars 1g
- Fibre 4g
- Protein 4g
- Salt 1.08g