High in nutrition, low in fats – this smokey vegetarian seekh kebab is incredibly a flavorsome accompaniment to any meal. Cooked without oven or microwave, grilled and smoked to perfection – the kebabs are made from mixed veggies like beetroots, carrots, potatoes, peas and flavored with aromatic spices. Binded with semolina for those crunchy bites – kebabs are shaped around the skewers and grilled on a griddle. The kebabs, when served with mint are so appetizing that even a hearty non-vegetarian would swear by it !
Yields: 4 People
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 inched-piece of Ginger
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Dried Red Chili
- 1 Green Chilli
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Tsps Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chat Masala
- 2 Tbsp Oats
- 1/2 Cup Semolina
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 Potato
- 1 Carrot
- 1/4 Cup Peas
- 1 Beetroot
- Soak dried red chilli in hot water for 10 minutes. Keep aside.
- Chop carrot, beetroot, potato, peas, and pressure cook them until two whistles. When boiled, mash them.
- Mince ginger, garlic, and soaked red chilli to form a paste.
- Take a skillet. Heat 2 tsp oil. Add cumin seeds, chopped onion, ginger-garlic-red chilli paste, and green chilli. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric, roasted cumin powder, chat masala, mashed vegetables. Cook.
- Add oats to it. Mix well. Cook till dry. Add chopped coriander.
- Remove from heat and transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Mix and bind the mixture together with semolina.
- Divide the mixture into small balls.
- Grease your palms with little oil and shape them around the skewers.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or skillet with little clarified butter. Roast the kebabs from all the sides.
- Set the cooked kebabs on a wire rack and now, roast them directly over the flame for 1 minute. This will add a smokey flavor to the kebabs.
Serve hot with mint chutney and onion rings.
Note: Spices can be adjusted as according to the personal taste preferences.