The dewy grass, dark velvety sky; the hazy and gray monsoons with piping hot chai and garma-garam pakodas. As much as we do love this season, we agonize it for the beauty blues it gives us, especially the hair fall. From undergoing several salon treatments to trying our hands on pricey products, we leave no stone unturned. “The monsoon cursed me a tough hair fall. The temples and the crown area of my head were getting visible bald patches. Forget about volume! Meanwhile, guava leaves did rounds on the internet. I tried my luck to it. And it did work out miraculous. Aha! I could notice visible new hair growth spurts. This DIY treatment seemed promising to control my hair fall, bring me back my bunch of lost strands, and that – lustrous and healthy!”, reveals Neisha Dawrani Arora, the health and beauty blogger.
Guava leaves is a miraculous remedy that grows in bunches around us and has all the potent to keep a check on hair fall and helps you see a substantial hair growth. And because, its hundred per cent natural, you need not worry any adverse reaction!
Even if your hair fall is minor at the moment, you’re advised not to neglect it. Dealing with the issue when severe and worsen would not cause you stress, but also it would burn a big hole to your pocket. So why not go for an easy breezy DIY treatment that works wonder and costs nothing, for they say, prevention is better than cure.
BENEFITS OF GUAVA LEAVES:
Guava leaves are a powerhouse of nutrients. Widely popular, they’re packed with vitamin B and C. These vitamin content are essential in boosting up the collagen activity required for the hair growth. The guava leaves are abundant in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties that helps you maintain a healthy scalp. Also, the lycopene content shields the hair from sun’s harmful UV rays. And to state it precise, the guava leaves are one of the best DIY treatment for a good hair growth, and that without burning a hole to the pocket.
RD, Kanak Gupta, a Kanpur-based Nutritionist, says, “the guava leaves are a powerhouse of antioxidants such as vitamin C. Also, they’re packed with flavonoids like quercetine that are known to serving various benefits to our health and beauty.”
HOW TO USE GUAVA LEAVES:
You could either steep guava leaves in water for a cup of tea and drink it regularly, or you could go for a DIY hair tonic to apply it on your hair strands and scalp. Go by the steps below for your very own DIY hair tonic to combat hair fall and promote hair growth.
ALL THAT YOU NEED:
A handful of guava leaves
1 litre of water
A pot – for boiling the ingredients
1. Begin by boiling a handful of guava leaves in water for 20 minutes.
2. Let the concoction to cool down at room temperature.
3. Strain and use.
Voila! You’re done.
1. Make sure your hair are product free when applying this DIY hair tonic. It might be best to use it after the head bath; use shampoo only, skip on hair conditioners, serum, or any other products.
2. Once your hair are damp or almost dry, section it and start applying this DIY hair tonic. Massage the guava leaf solution into your scalp for at least 10 minutes and make sure that it’s well spread. Massaging aids in improving the blood pressure, and this helps the hair follicles receive more nutrition.
3. The hair roots would call for an extra attention while you apply this DIY hair tonic. Leave this solution on your hair for up to two hours, or even till your next head bath. The bonus – guava leaf solution doesn’t cause any mess or untidiness to the hair! Optionally, you can wrap or cover your hair with a towel or a shower cap and sleep with it.
4. Rinse your hair with lukewarm water. Pay attention! Lukewarm water and not hot water for the latter dries out your hair and scalp.
– If hair fall is your concern, use this guava leaf solution thrice a week.
– If you’re wanting to promote speedy hair growth and keep your hair lustrous and shiny, using it twice a week would suffice.
PS: Abide by not just this amazing DIY treatment, but also munch on a more of this fruit. It supplies your body a number of vitamins and minerals. Also, its unique constituent aids in better nutrient absorption from the food. This helps in treating the hair and the scalp problems.
Note: If you are facing a severe hair loss, please consult a doctor.