Face toners are quite fascinating. You must have noticed the clear or perhaps lightly tinted product packed in the slim bottles staring at you through the shelves of a local drugstore. Many people religiously use the toners merely out of skincare habit, being completely oblivious about what and how does it contribute to the skin. This water-based product fused with skin-soothing ingredients like peppermint, aloe vera, witch hazel, eucalyptus et cetera are a well-kept skincare secret. They are available in the market in a wide array of formulas crafted as per your skin type.
The toners technically work by rehydrating the skin without stripping it off its natural moisture. The toners are suitable for sensitive skin as well. It would never irritate the skin or leave it parched. Face toners also supports the better absorption of post-cleansing moisturizer or any other skincare treatment.
In this Article
- 1 1. Minimalist PHA 3% Face Toner with Multi Biotics Tightens Pores and Hydrates:
- 2 2. Plum Green Tea Alcohol-Free Toner:
- 3 3. Kaya Clinic Daily Pore Minimizing Toner with Witch Hazel & Niacinamide:
- 4 4. Biotique Honey Water Pore Tightening Toner:
- 5 5. Jovees Cucumber Skin Toner:
- 6 Cons:
1. Minimalist PHA 3% Face Toner with Multi Biotics Tightens Pores and Hydrates:
The Minimalist PHA 3% Alcohol-Free Face toner is a silicone-free and fragrance-free toner. It is very lightweight and quickly glides on the skin before completely absorbing. Furthermore, this toner works to shrink the enlarged pores by removing pore congestion and creating a balance in the level of natural oils.
This alcohol-free and mildly exfoliating toner is packed with the biotics (prebiotics and probiotics) to aid balance in the level of skin’s microbiome, enhance the defence barrier of skin.
The Minimalist toner is packed with PHAs which are considered the next-gen AHAs. It not just supports the gentle exfoliation but also acts as humectants. It adds intense hydration with the richness of ingredients like hyaluronic acid, polyglutamic acid, panthenol (vitamin B5), amino acids and others. The combination of these high-quality ingredients also helps restore the water skin loses during cleansing. Furthermore, the gluconolactone in the Minimalist toner serves 50% protection against the harmful UV rays.
- Price: ₹379
- Brand: Minimalist
- Skin Type: All | Oily, Acne Prone, Sensitive and Normal Skin
- Item Weight: 150 gm
- Products Benefits: Skin renewal, Resurfacing, Pore Tightening, Minimizing Open Pores, Controls Excess Sebum Production
- Scent: Fragrance free
- Item Form: Gel
- Active Ingredients: PHA
- Alcohol and Silicone-free
- Tightens the enlarged pores
- Renew, hydrate and rejuvenates the skin
- Gives 50% protection against UV rays
- Balances skin microbiome
- Formulated at the pH level 3.8 – 4.8 with high-quality ingredients including Gluconolactone.
2. Plum Green Tea Alcohol-Free Toner:
Plum Green Tea Alcohol-free toner is packed with antioxidant properties that makes the skin feel fresh and taut. It doesn’t cause any redness or dryness that are usually led by alcohols in the products. The toner is also free from synthetic color, artificial fragrance or essential oils.
The toner has a non-drying formula with non-comedogenic ingredients that works effectively in shrinking the enlarged pores. Green tea extracts form up as the key ingredient of this toner that helps tone, hydrate, and clarify the skin. The Plum Green-Tea Toner helps minimise the appearance of pores and makes look resurfaced, refreshed, and rejuvenated.
- Price: ₹351
- Brand: Plum
- Skin Type: Acne-prone
- Item Weight: 200 gm
- Products Benefits: Cleansing, Tightening, Hydrating, Moisturizing
- Item Form: Gel
- Scent: Tea Tree
- Active Ingredients: Green tea extract, Glycolic Acid, and Glycerin.
- No synthetic oils
- No artificial fragrance
- Essential oils-free
- Not suitable for oily skin
3. Kaya Clinic Daily Pore Minimizing Toner with Witch Hazel & Niacinamide:
The Kaya Clinic Daily Pore Minimizing Toner is crafted to achieve added benefits than just the primary functions. It has an alcohol-free formula with the powerful witch hazel extract and soothing botanicals like cucumber. It also has the power of niacinamide packed in it for an even-toned skin. The toner helps gently get rid of the impurities for a smooth, renewed, and refreshed skin. The formula is researched and developed by the dermatologists.
- Price: ₹315
- Brand: Kaya Clinic
- Skin Type: All
- Item Weight: 230 gm
- Products Benefits: Smoothening, Softening
- Item Form: Cream
- Active Ingredients: Niacinamide, Witch Hazel
- Drastically reduces the size of pores and subsidizes it providing less pore visibility of the face
- Removes residual impurities
- Tackles the uneven skin tone
- Provides refreshed and comfortable skin
- It helps to balance out the pH level of the skin
- Formulated with witch hazel extracts soothing botanicals like cucumber
- Alcohol-free toner ensures no irritation or burning sensation
- It’s not paraben-free
4. Biotique Honey Water Pore Tightening Toner:
The Biotique Honey Water Toner is an ayurvedic toner crafted from the foothills of Himalayas. It is infused with pure botanical extracts, cucumber, coriander, peppermint oil, and nutgalls. The toner helps maintain the healthy pH balance of the skin and keeps it maintained in its purest state. It controls the sebum production and tightens the pores and supports a healthy complexion.
- Price: ₹123
- Brand: Biotique
- Skin Type: Combination
- Item Weight: 140 gm
- Products Benefits: Lightening, Brightening, pH Balancing, Tightening, Refreshing
- Item Form: Lotion, Liquid
- Active Ingredients: Gulab Petal, Maju Phal Galls, Ghritkumari Leaf, Gajar Seed, Manjistha Root, Japa Flower, Madhu, Purified Water Q.S.
- Helps tighten the pores
- Controls sebum production
- Maintains healthy pH balance
- Organically pure and preservatives free
- Dermatologists tested
- Cruelty free
- Suitable for all skin types
5. Jovees Cucumber Skin Toner:
If your skin doesn’t feel right despite proper cleansing, you might be skipping out on the integral skincare step. Integrate this Cucumber and Aloe Vera infused formula to your regimen for a thorough cleaning than just the cleanser. Jovees Cucumber Skin Toner is a got-to toner for an oily-combination skin. helps effectively remove the excess dirt, tightens pores, restores natural pH, adds radiance, and revitalises the skin.
- Brand: Jovees
- Skin Type: Oily
- Item Weight: 100ml
- Products Benefits: Cleansing, Tightening, Radiance
- Item Form: Toner
- Active Ingredients: Cucumber extract, Aloe Vera, Sage, and Chamomile
- Calms and soothes the skin
- Restores hydration
- Does not cause skin irritation
- Does not encourage new breakouts
- Doesn’t have a strong alcohol rich formulation
- Doesn’t support pore tightening
- Full ingredients not disclosed