Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse & Lip Color, as the name suggests, is incredibly lightweight. This new generation mousse lip color and cheek tint gives a powdery matte finish to the lips and a subtle blush to your cheeks that completes your look for 9 to 5.
Key Features & Benefits:
- It is super creamy and mousse textured
- It is lightweight
- It is easily blendable.
- It works up double duty – as a lip colour and also as the cheek tint
- It renders a healthy flush to the cheek when blended properly.
- It has highly pigmented shades that give a rich and intense color payoff
- It develops ultra matte finish on your lips that lasts up to 4-5 hours
- It gives you a vibrant color payoff
- It is ideally an everyday wear
- It’s available in a variety of shades
The Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color comes in a pretty rose-gold hued box packaging. The mousse lipstick is encased in an opaque beige-pink hued cylindrical tube with a shiny rose-gold screw cap that has an applicator attached to it. The applicator has a petal-shaped sponge tip with a perforated body. Also, it picks up the color sufficient enough to coat the lips in one swipe, without needing you to go through the tube again and again.
Here, the sponge tip applicator helps gliding the color through the lips easily as well as go with precision through the vermillion border. Also, there’s a little bit of flexibility with the applicator. Therefore, if you’re in a haste, it gets you an easy application. Overall, the packaging is alluring, lightweight and travel-friendly.
PVP/Hexadecene copolymer, Nylon powder, Cyclomethicon.
Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Lip & Cheek Colors are loaded with a warm caramel kind of fragrance. The fragrance is not that bothersome though but they are not mild either.
This range of Lakme has the most wearable pinks, plums, reds and an orange shade. The shade selections are choicest and apt for the Indian skin tones. Here’s a list of the names of all the shades that it comes in:
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color – Cocoa Soft
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color – Rose Touch
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color – Coral Cushion
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color – Plum Feather
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color – Rouge Satin
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color – Nude Cushion
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color – Scarlet Plume
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color – Burgundy Lush
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color – Pink Plush
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color – Blush Velvet
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color –Tangerine Fluff
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color – Brick Bloom
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color – Rosy Plum
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color – Crimson Silk
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color – Fuchsia Suede
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color – Coffee Lite
HB’s Experience with the Lakme 9 to 5 Mousse Lip & Cheek Color in shade ‘Rose Touch‘ and ‘Crimson Silk‘:
1. ‘Rose Touch‘:
‘Rose Touch’ is a beautiful everyday wear shade. This lip colour has purple undertones with a tinge of red undertones. Irrespective of the skin tone, this shade has to be a perfect n#de shade for all the Indian skin tones. Although, the shade goes with a name ‘Rose Touch’, it is more of ‘Mauve’ with the grey undertones to it. The shade is not brightening though, but it for sure is an ideal shade to be worn to workplace or to be paired with smokey eyes. This mousse lip colour shows up as a velvety soft cream that fills in the lip lines, thus, making them look fuller rather than just gliding a dry and chappy layer over them.
Texture and Pigmentation:
The texture is so plush, smooth and super pigmented that even the darker lips can pull this off. This shade can go amazing for almost any skin tone and color. However, if you have a very yellow skin tone, you can avoid it. Also, this color gives a subtle flush to the cheeks too.
Because the product is so highly pigmented, as a blush, you would need just a dab of it, not even a full dot! Finger on your lips, dab the color on your cheeks and voila! You’re good to go.
The staying power of this product goes beyond imagination. As a blush, it stays on for upto 4-5 hours even on the oily skin type. It transfers stain slightly, however, not to a bothersome extent. As a lip color, it can survive meals with a minimal fading. It can literally go 9 to 5 on your lips. The intensity might fade away, but the color stays intact.
2. Crimson Silk:
As the name suggests, ‘Crimson Silk’ is a scintillating flat out red shade. A neutral red shade of any lipstick range is always a MUST HAVE, and, ‘Crimson Silk’ of Lakme 9 to 5 Mousse Lip & Cheek Color range is JUST THE ONE! The ‘Crimson Silk’ has orange tones to it and, thus, it’s ideal for warm skin tones.
Texture and Pigmentation:
The texture of ‘Crimson Silk’ is although mousse-like, but yet a little dry to apply as compared to the ‘Rose Touch’. The product is plush and thick and glides on to the lips easily. It coats the lips in one sweep and makes them look fuller and plush. After a few hours of application, the color gets super matte and non-transferrable. However, when freshly applied, it does feel like it is moist and will smudge out easily.
As a lip color, you can expect the product to go with a stretch of 6 hours without any touchups, provided you’re not munching on heavy meals. After 7-8 hours of application, the product ends up as very drying and goes even more matte. It barely transfers and can survive light meals like snacks and a cup of coffee. However, with full meal, it might fade away from the center, calling you for a touchup.
The product would, though, not crumble like any other matte lipstick. The product is very lightweight. It won’t drag your lips. It would rather glide on them smoothly, not at all leaving the lips feel heavy. This mousse-like lip color would not settle in the fine lines of the lips, thereby, giving an extra smooth finish. As a blush, ‘Crimson Silk’ diffuses seamlessly to give out a kind of healthy reddish/pinkish flush-from-within tinted look.
Take a Note:
The product settles in 20-30 seconds. And so, when using it as a blush, you should be quick. It will blend seamlessly and beautifully if you’re quick. However, if you extend with its timeline, it might cause you trouble in blending it out.
Would HB Recommend/Repurchase Lakme 9 to 5 Crimson Silk Weightless Matte Mousse Lip and Cheek Color?
Yes, we will. When the shade ‘Rose Touch’ is an ideal color to be carried at workplace or if you’re looking for a n#de color; it has a perfect smooth and buttery texture too. However, with ‘Crimson Silk’ we would recommend you try the shade at the counter/kiosk and see if it is drying for you. Or otherwise, ‘Crimson Silk’ too is a definite yes from our side.