We’re all unique and have our own individuality; and so is our skin. However, the skin types fall under five different categories. To game up your skin care regime, it calls for you to understand the difference between all. There are several factors that contributes to our different skin conditions. It could be genes, the stress levels, environment or even the beauty products. And yes, it is absolutely here that is calls for a right alignment of the skin type and the skin regime.
How Do I Know My Skin Type?
You can go with one simple test at home to know your skin type.
The Skin Type Test:
Grab a tissue paper and wipe your face.
What Does Your Tissue Paper Speaks?
If the tissue paper shows up with oil traces on it, you have an oily skin type whereas if there aren’t any oil traces, you have normal or dry skin type.
Normal Skin Type:
Normal skin type is an obvious sign to proper circulation. This is because the pores are tiny and practically invisible. A normal skin type looks cleaner, smoother and healtheir as compared to the other skin types. A normal skin type is although less susceptible to problems, it still calls for a delicate care. A heedful skin care regime can help prevent skin problems in future. Therefore, after you use a facial cleanser, make sure you moisturize your face using a light and non-greasy moisturizing cream.
Water loss is a usual cause to dry skin. A dry skin, therefore, cannot retain oil easily. Furthermore, if not given a proper care, dry skin can go itchy and flaky and it can even crack and make wrinkles go even more visible. Here is what you need to look for in dry skin:
- The skin pores are tiny and practically invisible
- The skin might feel tightness
- Skin perhaps look dull due to lack of water
- Skin can feel craggy
- Skin might go sensitive to irritation
What are the Causes of Dry Skin?
Dry skin can be inheritance or aging. Also, extreme weather conditions, unsuitable beauty products, long and hot showers can also contribute to skin dryness.
How to Take Care of Dry Skin?
- When washing face, use warm water in place of hot water. Lukewarm water forms up as an ideal face washing experience.
- Make sure you’re using a gentle face cleanser.
- After washing, dab the skin dry.
- Follow up with moisturizer soon after you dab your face dry so as to lock in the moisture.
- Look for ingredients like jojoba oil or shea butter in your beauty products for they help soothe the dry skin.
The oily, sensitive as well as the combination skin types may leave on greasy blots on the tissue paper. If you get to see large blots on the tissue paper, you probably have an oily skin. Shiny and greasy skin accompanied by large pores are part and parcels of an oily skin type. The large pores also makes it an easy way for the dirt to get inside and clog them. Clogged pores contributes to a dull skin as well as acne.
What is Acne?
Excess sebum and dead skin cells contributes to blocked hair follicles and pores. This build-up leads to the acne or the comedones in the form of pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads.
Acnes are, however, common amongst teenagers during their puberty. But the hormonal changes during the adulthood too can make acne crop up. Also, stress, diet and certain medications are other factors causing acne flare-ups.
How to Take Care of Oily or Acne-prone Skin Types?
- Look for a face wash or cleanser with Salicyclic Acid in it.
- Wash your face twice or thrice in a day. However, make sure you don’t overwash or otherwise it’ll perhaps lead to excessively oil skin.
- A lightweight and non-comedogenic moisturizer is your friend. Go for it, it won’t clog your pores.
- Several studies have shown the ‘tea tree oil’ as an effective remedy to oily and acne-prone skin.
- Never in life commit a blunder of popping those pimples. You never know when a wave of myths arise, sweeping you off with all the wrong trends. Popping pimples might sound tempting, but it’s always a big big NO. Picking and squeezing the pimples may, furthermore, aggravate the condition – taking a longer time to clear and even put you to the risk of scarring.
How Do You Know if You Have a Sensitive Skin Type?
Here are some tell-tale signs to help you get an understanding:
- Your skin could be in a reddish colour.
- Your skin is prone to irritation and itching.
- Also, your skin could be susceptible to rashes.
- Your skin might react to some of the fragranced products.
How to Take Care of A Sensitive Skin?
The different skin types have their different requirements. It makes it of importance to understand what your skin type looks forward to. It calls for you to pick right beauty products and make a change in lifestyle that’s best suitable to your skin type.
- Hot air indoors can furthermore dry out a sensitive skin. Whereas, a humidifier can avail by adding an extra moisture into the air.
- Find a moisturizer that is composed with skin soothing ingredients like aloe or chamomile.
- The products that uses certain fragrances and dyes might have potential allergens or irritants, unsuitable to your skin type. Watch out for them.
- If your skin is as fickle as a butterfly and it keeps on switching from oily to normal to dry; you’ve a combination skin. Here are the signs that you need to look out for:
- The cheeks, eyes and mouth area are typically normal or dry.
- Your T-Zones (forehead, nose and chin) are oily.
- The T-Zones might have enlarged pores, making them prone to been clogged, thus, leading to acne, blackheads and whiteheads.
How to Take Care of A Combination Skin?
The different skin types at different areas of the face needs you to tailor appropriate care to each area.
- A mild cleanser is your thing. Add it to your regimen.
- Use a medium-weight moisturizer with a broad spectrum sunscreen.
The lifestyle and skin treatments can contribute a whole lot to a change in appearance of the skin. Also, all the skin types can change seeing to homonal changes, pregnancy, and the overall health. Nevertheless, keeping your skincare game strong and finding the right beauty products that are best suitable to your skin type can help your skin stay soft, strong, and healthy.
I just like the valuable information you provide for your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and test once more here regularly. I am somewhat certain I will be informed many new stuff proper right here! Best of luck for the following!