Malpuas, the north-indian delight, are fluffy sweet pancakes dunked in sugar caramel. Basically prepared from a batter of flour, milk, and milk solids; these pancakes are served as desserts in India and Bangladesh. And, the Malpuas, when served warm with chilled Rabri- heavens!
Check out the recipe to treat your taste buds and soothe the ooh-aahs of your taste buds.
For Malpua Batter:
- 125 gms All Purpose flour (or otherwise you can also go for Wheat Flour)
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- 500 gms powdered sugar
- 1 litre milk
- 3 tablespoons milk solids
- 3 pinches baking soda
- ½ cup water OR add as required
- 3 to 4 green cardamoms (either powdered or crushed)
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter (for frying)
For Caramelized Sugar or Sugar Syrup:
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 3 to 4 cardamom (powdered)
- 3 to 4 Rose Petals
- Take a mixing bowl. Add to it all purpose flour, fennel seeds, cardamoms, 125 gms powdered sugar. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add yogurt and, milk solids (or, you can also use Nestlè’s Milkmaid).
- Add milk and water until the batter reaches to a pouring consistency. Make sure there forms no lumps.
- Let the batter rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch almonds and pistachios and then, leave them soaked in hot water for half an hour. Peel and slice. Keep aside.
Prepare Sugar Caramel:
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat sugar and water in a ratio of 1:2. Add cardamom powder and rose petals. Simmer down, and stir well so that the sugar caramelizes. Cook till the caramel or sugar syrup gets ½ or 1 inch string consistency. Make sure the syrup is kept warm so that it does not crystallize.
- Deck out the malpua batter on the kitchen counter. Add to it 3 pinches of baking soda. Mix well.
- Take a pan or a griddle. Add clarified butter and heat it.
- Pour half ladle of batter (or an approximate of 2-3 tablespoons) on the hot clarified butter. Lightly, spread the batter with the back of the spatula. Shallow fry the pancakes on a low to medium heat till golden and crispy. Keep on flipping the pancakes a couple of times.
- Drain the pancakes on paper towels for a fraction of seconds. And immediately, transfer them into the warm sugar syrup. Use a spoon or tongs to gently coat the pancakes with the caramelized sugar. Make sure you stir the sugar syrup well before adding the pancakes to it.
- Garnish your dessert with almonds and pistachios. Serve hot. Savor the delight!
Thanks a lot for providing individuals with such a breathtaking possiblity to read critical reviews from this site. It really is very ideal and jam-packed with a good time for me and my office fellow workers to visit your site no less than 3 times in one week to read through the newest things you have got. Not to mention, I’m also always fascinated considering the gorgeous guidelines you serve. Selected 3 facts in this posting are essentially the most suitable I have ever had.
Simply wish to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your post is simply excellent and i can assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding work.
Just desire to say your article is as amazing. The clarity in your post is just cool and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.
Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say great blog!
Hello there, I discovered your website by means of Google while searching for a similar matter, your website came up, it appears to be like great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
whoah this blog is wonderful i love reading your posts. Keep up the good work! You know, many people are searching around for this information, you could aid them greatly.
Excellent blog here! Also your website loads up very fast! What host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my website loaded up as fast as yours lol
Good ?I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your site. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs as well as related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, web site theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Excellent task..