Melting Moments Cookies are darn good. They’ll literally melt in your mouth and, you cannot resist having more and more of them. You can find these cookies in almost every Turkish bakery as they are quiet popular there.
The melting moments cookies are a real easy-to-bake treat, and is eggless. Also these cookies make a perfect edible gift! Prepare these cookies on occasions and give them to your friends in some nice boxes. Not a bad idea, ain’t it? Your dear ones will love you for the effort you put in while savoring the heavenly taste.
Now, this is an easiest baking recipe with easily available ingredients. We’re sure you wouldn’t even have to shop for it. You may find them all already in your pantry. Let’s begin:
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 60 ml or 1/4th cup
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp or 2.5 ml
- Castor sugar – 1/4th cup or 30 gms
- Baking powder – 1/4th tsp or 1.25 ml
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Electric hand whisk or beater
- Star shaped nozzle no. 6
- Piping Bag
- Baking Tray
Step 1: In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter till creamy, light and fluffy.
Step 2: Add milk, vanilla essence, baking powder. Mix well.
Step 3: Fold in the flour and mix it well until it forms a soft dough.
Step 4: Place the prepared dough in a piping bag and pipe as desired.
Step 5: Bake the cookies at 180 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes till golden brown.
Step 6: Sprinkle some castor sugar on top of the cookies for a nicer presentation and crunchy taste. Serve.
If only you wish to add a chocolate zing to your melting moments cookies, continue to following next step –
Step 7: Add a layer of Chocolate Mousse in between the two cookies.
PS – You can prepare Chocolate Mousse at home by combining Chocolate Truffle Sauce and Whipped Cream. You do not need to blend or beat the mixture but simply mix and fold.
1. Butter should be used at ‘room temperature’. 1 cup of soft butter is equivalent to 2/3rd of the 100 grams of butter.
2. You can substitute castor sugar with the powdered sugar. However, castor sugar gives your cookies a nice crunch than chewy.
3. Press the cookies a little using a fork to get 3 nice lines.
4. You could look up to the conversion chartfor any understanding in metric conversions.
1. Don’t overbeat the mixture. Just one nice beat till the mixture combines would suffice. Overbeating will give you chewy cookies.
2. Before piping the cookies on baking tray, make sure you dust the tray with some flour or you can also use the butter paper.