The bikram yoga or the hot yoga is a no secret fad among the celebrities, athletes and royalty worldwide. Here’s what you will benefit when you sign up for the 90-minute hot yoga class:
1. Flexibility: The temperature allows you to reach safe to the new levels of personal flexibility in beginner’s postures, and that, is therapeutic for your body. And, let’s not forget to mention – being flexible is always cool. You’ll be absconding the standing bow pose at the next party you attend.
PS: You would never be forced for the acrobat postures.
2. Strength: The hot yoga is low impact that involves muscles you didn’t know you had; try standing in a wide lunge on carpet for the triangle pose in a way that you do not slide! Also, spine strength is the prime focus here, and that’s pivotal to a long healthy life.
3. Breath: A still posture accompanied with a NORMAL breathing pattern, that goes slow and, in no haste; this is how we may define the ‘Hatha Yoga Asana’. Deep breathes are taken ensuring a full utilization of the lungs in both, inhalation and exhalation. And that, with the added benefit of heat! However, you cannot make it far if you don’t take deep breathes – for, no breathing is no yoga! This doesn’t take a long way to go before you master the breathing technique that’s in a full and controlled manner.
MORE: WHAT IS HOT YOGA?
4. Cardio: The heart rate while doing the the yoga postures in a heated room is always same as running a mile, and that, without leaving a mat! The case is specific to the postures where you balance and contract your muscles simultaneously. A 90-minute session can cauterize an approximate of 1000 calories. With this hot yoga technique, the manner in which you stretch and compress your internal organs and glands aids in boosting up your metabolism. And so, you get your calories burned more quick outside the room as well.
5. Detox: The heated room increases your body flexibility, thus, helping you stretch more and that, with all the ease; and also, it helps you sweat, releasing all the body the toxins. The yoga postures are itself detoxifying for the glands, muscles, and organs – and here, sweating gives it a boost furthermore!
6. Focus: Almost all hot yoga classes introduces the same 26 postures with two breathing exercise – and if it doesn’t, there’s almost always probable for you to benefit a dialed routine. A dedicated fitness regimen and repetition helps you take your practice a progressive step further. The more high you go with the practice, the more focus and determination you build up on. The ability to focus works out a benefit for your day-to-day life. And the more focused you are in life, more is the success for you to celebrate.
7. Healing: The pivot of this hot yoga is ‘therapy’. A regular practice of the same aids in healing the old niggling injuries, and also it does help preventing them down the line. The healing power of the hot yoga is especially true for, however, not limited to, the back pain. If you find a few postures slightly uncomfortable, do not skip on them. Hot yoga is beneficial in culminating the symptoms of the conditions and the illnesses like asthma, diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, depression, and obesity.
8. Life: “You’re only as old as your spine is flexible.” – Joseph Pilates. Sign up for a class today so you do not miss on a thing!
Featured Image Credit: AmeliaFox on Getty Images